Privacy and Security
Updated August 20, 2021
- You do not have to give us any personal information to visit the product information portion of our website. Opargo collects personal and healthcare provider information when you sign up for a trial or paid subscription of the Opargo service. When you sign up, we ask for your name, email address, phone number, and information about your company.
- Opargo uses in formation for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
- Opargo will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. If you wish to subscribe to our email updates, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe by clicking on the link within the email.
Information We Collect
Opargo obtains limited personal information when a patient or healthcare scheduler uses the application. Personal information that we obtain generally includes name, date of birth, desired service from healthcare provider, and health insurance provider.
Use of Information
We use personal information to work with healthcare providers to determine the proper time for a patient to be seen. The date interfaces with scheduling system applications to enable their existing downline processes such as billing and follow-up. Opargo may combine the information with information that we have previously collected or within information from third parties in order to provide a better experience and improve the quality of our services. Opargo process information across our servers located in the United States.
Disclosure of Information
- We may also disclose personal information to vendors that perform functions on our behalf, including suppliers of software development services, business processing service providers contact center service providers, training service providers, and computer maintenance providers. We require that these vendors agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may also process and disclose the limited personal information obtained as required by law, subpoena, or regulation; when requested by government or law enforcement authorities; for authentication, and fraud prevention; or as otherwise required or permitted by law. We do not collect or sell personal information for purposes of allowing third parties to conduct direct marketing for their own products or services.
Opargo analyzes, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes statistical and other aggregate benchmark data in non-personally identifiable (i.e., de-personalized) form that Opargo obtains or generates in connection with its business. This data may be provided healthcare providers, scheduling systems or other potential groups for their marketing, tracking and related business purposes. This data is used to identify trends and other activities in the healthcare industry.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Customer Testimonials, Comments and Reviews
- We post customer testimonials, comments and reviews on our web site which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer’s consent to post their name along with their testimonial via email prior to posting the testimonial.
- You should be aware that any personal information you submit on blogs on this site and others can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Links to Other Sites
If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave this site and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as us. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services.
Opargo may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the contact email address specified by your company’s Opargo account or by placing a prominent notice on the homepage of our site.
Opargo Security Policy
Unique Identification of Users
- To comply with the HIPAA requirements and to provide a high-quality secure service, Opargo requires all users to have a unique username. Opargo currently requires a valid email address for Opargo’s web-based healthcare optimization service.
- In addition to a username, every user account must be protected with a password of sufficient complexity.
Security on the Opargo Website
Opargo service users may choose to sign into their account at the Opargo website in order to access the downloads or account status. Such sign-ins are protected by SSL security. Your browser will usually display an indicator (such as a “lock” icon) when using a secure SSL connection.
Security in the Opargo Service
All Opargo web-based healthcare optimization applications communicate with a server hosted by Opargo or a contractor of Opargo. All communications are secured with public-key encryption.
Every user in the Opargo system belongs to one or more roles. A role is defined by each customer, and is assigned a set of permissions. These roles can be managed by the customer.
In accordance with HIPAA policies, Opargo’s web-based healthcare optimization applications will automatically lock up if left unattended for a period of time. Correct credentials of the user will need to be provided prior to using the application again.
Opargo Password Policy
Opargo will never store any passwords in permanent storage in a way that is reversible. The Opargo healthcare optimization software will never show the password in plain-text, human-readable form.
Changes to This Security Policy
Opargo may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle security, we will send a notice to the contact email address specified in your company’s Opargo account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.